ICT DALAM PEMBELAJARAN EKSPLORATORI
Subject English Language
Topic 5.2 Nature: Tigers
Level 3 - Make inferences
Level 3 - Prepare and present information reports
Level 2 - Gives answers to 'VM' questions - explore ways in
which diagrams, charts, plans, timetables, and picture
books construct meaning.
Level 2 - enter data into templates database
Duration 210 minutes
Resources ICT search
engines, handouts, template database, 'VM' questions cards.
1. The pupils are
divided into 4 major groups.
Station One (Listening)
a) Using tape recording - the pupils will have to listen to the text.
b) While listening to the tape, they will have to fill in the blanks.
Station Two (Speaking)
a) Using ICT - she pupils will have to search for main details about
b) Using the details and working in groups, they will have to prepare
a report about
Station Three (Reading)
a) The 'WH' question cards are given to the pupils.
b) Answering the questions, using the ICT, the pupils find out information
http://search.yahoo.coni/bin/search? =ti er and answer the 'VM' questions.
Station Four (Writing)
a) Using ICT - http://members.delphi.com/rarteau/index.html
b) The pupils will have to find out details about Siberian Tiger.
c) Using the template database, they will fill in the blanks.
Station One: Teacher's assessment by marking the answers after the groups
have finished answer.
Station Two: Group assessment where after all the groups have finished
doing their tasks, they will have to present to the whole class.
Station Three: Teacher's assessment by marking the answers after the
groups have finished answer.
Station Four: Group assessment where the other group will have to assess
Duration 8 x 40 minutes
Topic Debate - Counseling Approach is the best way to deal with disciplinary
problems among students
Objectives By the
end of the lesson, the students should be able to
1 . Define the key words in the motion
2. Explore and extract the information to support tie mo on
3. Explore and extract the related information to contradict the motion
4. Discuss on the selected information
5. To witness a parliamentary debate on television
6. To have a debate entitled "Counseling Approach is the best way
to deal with disciplinaryproblems among students"
7. To write a continuous writing on a debate entitled "Counseling
Approach is the best way to deal with disciplinary problems among students"
Procedures 1 Teachers
gives out a debate topic
2. Students look out the key words in the dictionary
3. Students explore and extracts the related information from various
sources such as magazines, newspapers, journals and ICT search engines
to support or contradict the motion
4. Teachers explains and demonstrates a tape on a parliamentary debate
5. Students are divided into two groups : the affirmative and the negative
of the parliamentary debate
6. Each group is to choose 4 speakers to represent each team for a parliamentary
7. Students are asked to write a continuous writing on a debate
8. Good essays are to be displayed in the class
Teaching Aids A dictionary
A tape on a parliamentary debate
ICT search engines
Assessments A parliamentary
http://www.education-world.com/a curr/curr258.shtml @://www.aice.swin.edu.au/events/AICEC99/webabstracts.html